Iptables output is not showing any connections

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 13 23:44:52 UTC 2004

Am So, den 14.11.2004 schrieb James McKenzie um 0:31:

> I addes ports to my firewall using system-config-securitylevel and now
> the output of iptables -L -n -v shows the following

> Should it not show available connections and what they are doing?

> James McKenzie

Above command shows active netfilter rules in the filter table set by
iptables. It will not show active connections or any "firewall in
action". But if you have set filter rules with the
system-config-securitylevel tool they should appear as rules from that
command.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:44:33 up 24 days, 22:24, load average: 0.22, 0.46, 0.49