Thunderbird causes "read" messages to vanish!

Dick Roth raroth7 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 01:19:20 UTC 2004

Having thankfully followed some very good suggestions by others
regarding my plight with Evo crashes, I am now using Thunderbird, which
hasn't crashed once.  However a strange occurrence:  Mail I have
transfered to Local Mail Inbox vanishes once marked as read _and_ I have
selected another mailbox to view.  When returning to Inbox, the "read"
mail has vanished even though the "Total" count of mail remains unchanged.

Has anyone run into this?  If so, is there a solution?

Thanks for listening,
Dick