FC3 install can not see FC2 partitions

Robin Atwood robin.atwood at attglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 17:59:56 UTC 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 00:36, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> > I am trying to upgrade FC2 to FC3 but the install program fails to find
> > any existing partitions. What signature is being looked for? How can I
> > force an upgrade?
>
> then
>
> > There are two ext3 partitions. One is a clone of the other I made to test
> > the upgrade.
>
> How did you clone them? With dd? That would mean that both have the same
> ext3 filesystem label.
>
> Can you relabel one of them with the e2label program?

I restored to the new partition from a full backup. Each partition has a
different label. I am still having problems, the media issue was not
relevant. If I use RESCUE mode the program sees both of my partitions and
asks which one I want. It's the graphical phase of anaconda that completely
ignores them. I have fscked the partitions and rebuilt the rpm database. Can
someone tell me what the install is looking for?
TIA
-Robin.