Firefox 1

Sun Nov 14 20:27:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 12:13 -0800, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> Marc Schwartz wrote:
>
> >>Yeah thats what it looks like.  Any repo admins have a eta on this?
> >>Hate having to wait for the good stuff.
> >>

> >You might want to verify your mirror as Firefox 1.0 was available on the
> >11th from my local mirror via .../core/updates/3/i386. It is also listed
> >on the main FC server at:
> >
> >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
> >

> Hmmm... OK I have to claim ignorance here... because I have not a great
> understanding of the yum repo,  Can I use a FC3 repo on an FC2
> installation?

Ack...sorry, did I miss somewhere in the thread that you guys were
talking about FC 2? One of the hazards of having multiple versions out
now.

I just checked the main FC repository for FC 2 and indeed Firefox 1.0 is
not yet there. I also looked at DAG's system and it is not there yet
either.

I am unsure of the use of FC3 RPMS on FC2 and it is likely to be
specific to the particular application and the associated dependencies,
since FC 3 is using newer versions the kernel and many libraries, etc.

I suppose one (better) option would be to attempt to build the Firefox
1.0 SRPM and see if that is successful or not. That might give you a
hint. The SRPM is at:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/SRPMS/firefox-1.0-2.fc3.src.rpm

or from your local mirror as well.

HTH,