GDM XDMCP Issue

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at itinker.net
Mon Nov 15 16:38:59 UTC 2004

I did a fresh install of FC3 using gnome and not kde.

I run GDM and XDMCP sessions over my network.

The linux box runs DHCPD and is also the DNS server for the networked
machines.  The DNS server appears to be working properly.  Both forward
and reverse mapping for hostnames and IPv4 addresses seem to work.

I've noticed that when I attempt logout from a remote XDMCP session, the system seems to hang but eventually, completes the logout request.

There is no such delay when I logout from a session that is local
to the linux box.

What could be causing this delay?

-- Rich