xorg.conf always changing

Sven Richter sveri-list at gmx.de
Mon Nov 15 19:09:12 UTC 2004

Hi there,

something really weired is happening here.

Everytime i start my fedora 2(with all aupdateds) my xserver
wont start.
It says my xorg.conf is wrong, and thats true.

Okay, so i look into it, and everytime i see the line:
Inputdevs ...
Yesterday it was:
Inputdevs "/dev/mouse"
Today it is
Inputdevs "/dev/inportbm"

I comment it out, restart gdm and everything runs
fine, until i reboot.
Then the same line is there without comment.
So i do the same procedure again.

This behavior seemed to come without cause from one
day to another.

I have a ati radeon 9600 with ati-drivers and patch installed.
i also created a xorg.conf with fglrxconfig.

Is anybody having an idea about that problem?

Plz excuse my bad english.

Thanks in advance
Sven Richter