Again problems I meet when install TNT2 driver given by nvidia

Sun Yan-peng-A17749 y.p.sun at motorola.com
Tue Nov 16 03:54:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I installed Fedora 3 in my computer (P3 733, 384M, TNT2 pro 32M GPU).

After installation, I modified the inittab to level 3, not graphical mode, then startx, it can use the graphical mode. But the game like tux is very slow.

So I installed the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run given by nVidia, follow their instruction to change the xorg.conf and copy /dev/nvidia* to /etc/udev/devices and chown etc. The problems is:

When the nVidia logo comes, I move the mouse in the screen, the mouse moves smoothly. But when it comes to the gnome splash, again I move the mouse, but I can see the mouse track on the screen. If I continue to move, all the screen is displayed with the track of the mouse, and the gnome can NOT be displayed.

If I do not move the mouse from the very begining, the screen is blank. Gnome can not boot either.

What's the problem?

When I compile the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run, it said there is rivafb module in my computer, does that impact?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Sun Yanpeng  [Simmon Sun]

BJDC PCS Motorola (China)