Yum problem after update on FC-3

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 13:46:21 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy said:
[snip]
> Anyway, I'll wait patiently for a new version of python to come out.
> Surely if there serious errors in the last version
> there should be a replacement soon?

However, since you have the Rawhide version of python, it will most likely
mean other things will be upgraded to work with the new python.  It's not
really a python problem, just that things changed and programs need to be
upgraded to reflect that.  If you want to keep tracking Rawhide, feel
free, but it will be broken more often than not until FC4 Test1
approaches.  You will also want to join the Fedora-Test list.

> I assume rpm will work with the "bad"
> python ...

Assume nothing with rawhide.

--