Authenticating off a Windows 2003 ADS DC with Samba/Winbind

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 15:42:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:20:37PM -0000, Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com wrote:
> Has anyone successfully set up Winbind/Samba to authenticate off a
> W2K3 domain controller with FC3?

I have, for testing at least.

> I know there's a nice little GUI for it in the Authentication applet,
> but I'm not having any luck with either that or attempting to manually
> configuring it.

Can you run "authconfig --test --kickstart" to print out your current
settings?

Whether you're using authconfig or not, the list of settings and
configuration files can be lengthy.  Can you include some details about
what you've tried, and what happened?  Have you run 'net join'?

Nalin