Getting rid of the pre-grub screen

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 20:22:34 UTC 2004

Hi

I've successfully installed FCIII and am so far quite happy with it
(although I don't understand why a new release has so many updates
available). With previous installations of FC, after the bios screen on boot
it would progress straight to the grub screen where I could choose which OS
to boot. Now I get a screen before that giving me about 3 seconds in which
to abort booting of the default OS and enter the grub screen. Is there any
way of getting rid of this first screen and going straight to grub?

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
Elephant: http://www.paulgrenyer.dyndns.org/elephant/

I put my hand upon the lever, said let it rock and let it roll.