FC2 to FC3 updgrade- SATA Silicon Image 3112 problem: disabling IRQ 11

Jon manning jrm at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 11:57:26 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a dual-boot Windows XP and Fedora core 2 system, on separate SATA
hard drives interfaced via a Silicon Image 3112 PCI card. On both FC1
and FC2, detection of the drives via the card went fine with no probs at
all. I'm now trying to upgrade to FC3, but am having a problem with the
SATA drivers when I boot from the installation CD something like:

At which point it hangs. It's the same with text version of
installation.

Anyone got any helpful ideas on how to work around it?

Thanks,

Jon