flash

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 13:39:39 UTC 2004

HaJo Schatz said:
> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 14:58, Colin Charles wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 21:42 -0600, mike wrote:
>>
>>> I have a 4-1 compact flash card reader and a usb mermory stick in fc2
>>>  they all worked fine, in fc3 the memory stick works but only one
>>> slot in the card reader works. Any suggestions on how to get the
>>> second slot working.
>>
>> We might need output from /var/log/messages, it could be likely that it
>>  was whitelisted before and something went awry during the fc3 update -
>>  do check bugzilla, and gives us more details of the 4-in-1 reader
> Only one slot working is likely a Multi-LUN issue.

Most likely.  That would be why it needs whitelisted.

> Dunno about FC3, but
> probably the SCSI driver only probes the first LUN (FC3 uses SCSI emulation
> for USB storage, does it?).

So did FC2.  So if the OP had it working in FC2, either it was whitelisted
and it isn't anymore or the OP added the number of LUNs as a module option
in FC2 and forgot to do it for FC3.  If it is the first it needs
bugzilla'ed, if it is the second it needs tested and bugzilla'ed.

--
William Hooper