GNU grub boot loader

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Wed Nov 17 20:03:20 UTC 2004

The odds are that the issue is the boot order in the BIOS.  If you had boot from
hard drive first and CDROM second, starting with a blank hard drive would boot from
CD, but once there was something that looked bootable on the hard drive, it would
boot from the hard drive.  This would produce what you were seeing.

When you power on, there is a screen which tells you to press Del, or F2, or F1,
or something to enter bios setup.  Poke around till you find the boot options and put
the CDROM first and hard drive second (Usually has a name like Primary Master).
You can leave it that way as it will boot from the hard drive unless you stick a bootable
CD in the drive.

Bob Styma