ssh viewing mana pages, newb question

ian douglas id at w98.us
Wed Nov 17 22:31:03 UTC 2004

> Yes, your client does not handle UTF-8 properly. Use a client which
> supports UTF-8 encoding, like PuTTY (a free client in contrast to
> SecureCRT).

Yes, but only if you know to *set* PuTTY to UTF-8 ... My version of
SecureCRT is kind of old (I don't believe in paying for upgrades from
older releases, but they won't listen to my complaint of having to pay
an additional $100 for a license, that's way off topic tho) and won't
allow for UTF-8 encoding...

Guess I'll have to scrap SecureCRT and go with PuTTY...

Thanks,
Ian