[RH9] impossible to mount eth0 under VMware

AlilouLinux alilou_linux at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 17 22:39:43 UTC 2004

Hello the list,
I installed Red Hat 9 (the same problem exist within fedora) under Windows
with the assistance of the VMware software.
I encountered a problem: The network card  eth0 does not be mounted. Even
when I test the software of the network management.
The system give me the following messages:
    Mounting eth0: failed
    It is impossible to activate eth0
    definition of IP information for eth0 failed. No link is found. Check
the cable?

Whereas when I leave the VMware software (return under Windows), the network
exists. Do you have a solution or explanations? Thank you