bugzilla not being particularly helpful

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Nov 18 17:56:02 UTC 2004

> > Bugzilla is a developer tool.  Developer time is generally
> better spent
> > fixing bugs than going through and re-categorizing them.
>
> I'm not sure that's right.
> If the present categorization - which I find bizarre -
> leads to bugs being overlooked, then it isn't serving its purpose.

As a librarian I found the search terms assigned by people to submit
bugs very peculiar.  I did a couple of searches for information on my
sound card problems and came up with some really bizarre results.  It
needs what is called in library land a "controlled vocabulary."

> I've also found the buzgilla search facilities difficult to use.

The interface is really the problem.  It is obviously designed for
people that use it every day, not for those using it occasionally.

Bill Drew
drewwe at morrisville.edu