k3b and FC

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Nov 18 17:55:24 UTC 2004

Bruno Santos wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> since FC2 ive a little issue regarding k3b.
>
> after a fresh instalation of FC, k3b works fine. when i launch the
> program as a normal user, it detects my recording device and
> everything is fine.
>
> after some an update, i guess it would be k3b or another package, k3b
> stops recording as a normal user, cause i dont detects my recording
> device, only as root, i can record.

I presume from the reference that we are still talking FC2.  With the
latest k3b (yum update k3b) it correctly detects the writer with the
2.6.7 kernel, but does not with kernel-2.6.8-1.521.  I installed
kernel-2.6.9-1.3_FC2 that came out yesterday, and k3b now detects the
writer properties correctly.  I've not tried burning a CD yet to be
positive, but I recommend you update your kernel.

Chris