DVD Burner Questions

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 02:30:57 UTC 2004

Joseph McCrary wrote:

> I just purchased a TDK DVD burner. I downloaded and installed
> xcdroast. When I run it, it says I need ProDVD support. So I
> downloaded cdrecord-prodvd-2.01b31-i686-pc-linux-gnu. How do I install
> it?

Joe:

There are instructions at the xcdroast web site but to put it simply:

copy the cdrecord-prodvd file to the following directory as cdrecord.prodvd:

/usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin

Start the xcdroast program, you should get an error message that you
need a key.  Go to the cdrecord-prodvd site and there is a startup file
that contains a time-restricted key.  If you need to find the site,
start up mozilla and search, using Google, for cdrecord-prodvd.

Installing the key is explained at the xcdroast site.

--

James McKenzie
jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Brought to you by Fedora Core 2 and Mozilla Mail 1.7.3