IPSEC operation in FC3

Kye-Sang Lee ksl at deu.ac.kr
Fri Nov 19 13:58:07 UTC 2004

 I am trying to reach a WIndows XP machine by using the IPSEC in FC3.

 I believe almost all configurations were done through the use of
 the IPSEC tab in the system-config-network command. Looks like
 the IKE protocol is working, but they cannot communicate.I see
 the messages 'Negotiating IPSEC failed' , when I ping the FC3
 machine from XP.

 When I ping the XP from FC3, I get the message 'resource
 unavailble temporarily'. Through the tcpdump, I notice that 6
 ISAKMP messages are transmitted from the FC3 to the XP.

 The information above might be not enough to give you a figure.
 However, I would feel great to share any idea on this point.

 Best Regards,
 Kyesang Lee