Another Loki Game hits the bin?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Nov 19 22:22:46 UTC 2004

    This is under FC2...

    I just loaded kernel 2.6.9-1.3-FC2 (and little else for a while) and
noticed a couple of things:

    1. The 'galloping' delay that would lock up the machine for as much
as 1-3 seconds at a time was no longer there on Quake3, but it still is
on UnrealTournament.  This is progress; it used to be there on both, and
it's why I've been running '435 for so long.

    2. Without changing anything else, I went to run Civilization CTP
like always, and it segfaults every time.  Trying out the dynamic
version tells me it can't find libSDL_mixer-1.0.so.0, since I'm running
/usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0.2.3 these days.  These are the only two
choices I'm aware of...is there a fix for this (unlike the complicated
one for Quake1/2/QuakeWorld)?  Is anyone seeing something like this?

    Thanks
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller