CDrom/DVDrom verify problem...update...ide=nodma

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 05:35:34 UTC 2004

>>I have downloaded 3 different copies of FDC3 dvd, and each one verified
>>as bad in the installation. Then I tried the cdrom version, and cd 1
>>would not verify in installation twice....
>>
>>I do not know if is my downloads, or the way I burn, as I never ran
>>into this problem before... I burned on 2 different machines, and
>>installed on 2 separate machines.
>>

>>One question.... is there a way to find out where to problem is when
>>a CD/DVD erros on instalation verification??? Or is there a prgram for
>>Linux or Windows that can be run to check an iso image before buring.
>>I have RedHat WS3 and also CentOS that I can use to verify with..
>

>>Bob

One thing that has me wondering is verifying the cdroms with ide=nodma
and then proceeding to an install. I have noticed this option being
present in some grub.conf files that were recently submitted.

I performed an upgrade and did not get this line added to the grub.conf
file. For the other installations, I did not worry about mediachecking
the cdroms.

Anyway, I would suggest rebooting after the mediacheck passes, then
installing without this option. Otherwise, you might need to remove this
option from grub.conf after the install.

Just wondering!

Jim