OT: Power Supplies

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Sat Nov 20 06:23:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 21:55 -0800, Timothy Payne

> Your electric company may have a customer on your grid that
> at times sucks a huge amount of juice and you get a big sag.

Under powering electronics can be as devastating as applying too much
power. This is especially true with power supplies: Power supplies
continue to *attempt* to put out their rated voltage/amperage even
though on the back end, it's under powered.

Further, I second Tim's endorsement for APC products: They are
reasonably priced and during the 15 years I've been using them, I've
never had one let me down.

Best regards

Marvin Dickens