FC3: "No soundcards detected"

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Sat Nov 20 23:06:56 UTC 2004

Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Thanks Mike,
>
> I tried the Hardware Browser, and put the results down here.
> Interestingly, there are 3 mentions of (apparently) the same device, all
> 3 very similar, but none really is my soundcard! Also, the same device
> is cited as a soundcard and as unknown!  I think I will post this at the
> developer's list. Thanks.
>
> Sound Cards:
>    Selected Device: CS4236B - CSC000      [note that my soundcard should
> be CS4237B]
>    Device Information
>       Manufacturer: Unknown
>       Driver: snd-cs4236
>
> Unknownd Devices:
>    Selected Device: CS4236B - CDC000f
>    Device Information:
>       Manufacturer: Unknown
>       Driver: ns-558
>
>    Selected Device: CS4236B - CSC0010
>    Device Information:
>       Manufacturer: Unknown
>       Driver: Unknown

Interesting, I also see two devices in the unknown category (didn't look
there before :-)  Both are labeled as Onboard PnP Audio, one is CSC0101
with driver ns558 and the other is CSC0103 with driver unknown.  Since
the Crystal audio stuff also has Midi and joystick capabilities I will
presume that is what these two entries are for?

In any case if you make some progress in this I would be most
interested.  Sound may not be significant but it is nice.

Mike