configuring shells at tty1 to tty6

fmdf at tiscali.it fmdf at tiscali.it
Sun Nov 21 18:40:36 UTC 2004

Hello.

I'd like to login and to use shells at terminals tty1 to tty6, but before I
can do it I need to solve two problems.

The first is about the size of characters (resolution?). They are too large. I
recall that when I used Slackware and booted with LILO I could set that
property (I am not sure now, but I think with "vga=nnn"). How can I do that
in FC2 with GRUB?

The second problem is with console messages. I can't work with the
above-mentioned terminals because they print a lot of console messages.
I know that I can write "dmesg -n 2", but I would like to regularly have them
in tty12 to be read. How can I configure the log daemons at startup in order
to send all critical messages (the ones with a level up to 'n'?) only to
tty12 and to let the other terminals free from noise?

I thank you all. Ciao,

Fabio