Hi from new user!

J v6vitanic at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 20:12:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm James Hill, from the UK.

I'm in the process of downloading Fedora, as I have just about given up on Mandrake, and it's time for something new to grace my Linux partition.

I had serious issues with the last 2 Mandrake realeases, not supporting my USB ADSL modem. All the software to make it work was on the distro, but for some reason, it would not connect at all, and despite many postings to the mailing list, no help or advice was forthcoming, so I just gave up.

Now, the burning question I have is: Does FC2 support the Alcatel/Thomson Speedtouch USB ADSL modem??

Can somebody please advise me, or at least give me a hint that it does!

Many thanks,

James