FC1: cups-lpd doesn't print job sheets

Jason McCormick jasonmc at sei.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 22 14:25:48 UTC 2004

  FC1 is old, but please bear with me.  I have a print server
running CUPS 1.1.17.  When a user uses IPP to submit a job, the job prints
out with the proper default job sheet at the beginning.  When a user
submits a job with LPD, the job prints out perfectly, but without the job
sheet.  This behavior exists on all 14 printers on the server.  The output
of lpoptions for one of them is:

$ lpoptions -p printer1
job-sheets=PROJECT,none cpi=12 lpi=7 page-bottom=36 page-left=36
page-right=36 page-top=36 scaling=100 wrap=true

The "PROJECT" job sheet is valid and in the correct place and, as I said,
works properly in IPP.  Is there any further magic to make job sheets print
out for LPD-based jobs?  This was working until the last CUPS package
upgrade.

Thanks in advance

-- Jason