Media players compatible with Linux?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Nov 22 21:08:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 11:05 -0600, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> I know this is slightly off topic but I've been wanting a media player
> box hooked to my stereo so I can just stream MP3/OGG files off my PC and
> play them through my stereo as easily as a CD player.
>
> [...]
>
> Is there another competing device that uses standard protocols that can
> be made to work with Linux (FC3) specifically relatively easily?

I believe Turtle Beach's Audiotron [1] is such a beast. Looks exactly
like what I always wanted, but I haven't yet had the money to buy one.
Also, you may want to look at the Neuros Audio Jukebox (IIRC) which is
intended primarily for portable use but may well cover you here.

[1] http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audiotron/producthome.asp

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>