Command Line Trick Needed

Robert Spangler bms at zoominternet.net
Tue Nov 23 03:34:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

A while back I had a command line trick that I liked very well.

All one had to do was type in a few characters of a string from a previously
entered command and press the up/down arrow keys.  This would cycle through
your command history but only displayed the commands that matched the string
you entered.  This would make repeating commands a lot faster and easier.

Problem is since the HD crash I have lost this piece of information ad was
wondering if any of you know where I might find something like this again?

Thanks for your help

--

Regards
Robert