[FC3] eggscups and gnome-volume-manager died unexpectedly

Rob Kirkbride rob.kirkbride at thales-is.com
Tue Nov 23 16:52:35 UTC 2004

After doing a reboot having applied a few updates, including the kernel
one whenever I log in now. I get both eggcups and gnome-volume-manager
coming up a dialog informing me that they have died unexpectedly.
I am also unable to right click on the desktop.  Creating a new user has
no affect so its nothing in my localised config that's gone wrong.
Booting in the old kernel makes no difference either.

If I log into kde, it still complains about eggcups.

A google search shows this has happened with Fedora Core 3, but people
say it just fixed itself after a few days!

Anyone got anything more positive!?

Rob