Gmail account and this mailinglist

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 23 15:27:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> To all who follow this list by getting the mails through a Gmail account
> and who mail with it here.
>
> It seems that GMail - which appears to be popular among the subscribers
> - is setting the sender email address automatically too as the reply-to
> address, though this is not necessary. It even leads to the fact that
> when replying to list mails by Gmail account users the answer goes both
> to the list (which is made reply-to address by the list manager
> software) as well to the GMail account.

I have indicated this problem a couple of times on this list..

Currently when I reply - I manually remove the extra adresses
(user at gmail.com) from the To: fileld.

I guess I should figure out a pine rule to do this automatically. But
a better solution is for gmail to fix this. (make it a user option)

I'm off filing a bug-report to gmail..

Satish