daytime service

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 24 15:34:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, John Hodrien wrote:

> You'd probably find that the following works more neatly:
>
> service ntpd stop;ntpdate;service ntpd start

Yeah - I was having to do this each time I restart network (after
bootup or resume from suspend) - which is annoying.

Its beter to have the HWCLOCK set correctly - and then ntpd fix the
drift over this (presumably correct) value..

Perhaps this is the installer (anaconda) bug. It doesn't set the
HWCLOCK correctly - when 'Update time via NTP' option is chosen at
install time.

Satish