FC3 Seems to "Freeze" sometimes

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Nov 24 16:14:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:10:13AM -0400, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
> I'm having a wierd to me problem with FC3. It occasionally seems to stop
> responding for periods of time. I can't click on anything with the mouse,
> then eventually it starts responding again.
>
> Some useful information:
>
> -Using KDE
> -Using nvidia driver
>
> It seems to happen when Firefox is open, though I have that open a lot anyway.
> I get some error messages from X about "BadWindow" and invalid window
> parameter. However I seem to get these when there is no problem as well..
>
> Anyone else see this? I tried searching but couldn't find much.

I've got this too.  KDE but no nVidia graphics card.  Happens regularly
inside Thunderbird when I'm trying to select text to cut.

This is on a freshly installed (from scratch) FC3 system with no crud
from any earlier releases.

I've tried hitting the escape key a few times like somebody else
suggested but that doesn't help me.

I get no X errors when this is happening.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org