FC3 Seems to "Freeze" sometimes

Rick Wagner wagnerric at condor.cxo.cpqcorp.net
Wed Nov 24 18:26:02 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 6:10 am, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a wierd to me problem with FC3. It occasionally seems to stop
> responding for periods of time. I can't click on anything with the mouse,
> then eventually it starts responding again.
>
> Some useful information:
>
> -Using KDE
> -Using nvidia driver
>
> It seems to happen when Firefox is open, though I have that open a lot
> anyway. I get some error messages from X about "BadWindow" and invalid
> window parameter. However I seem to get these when there is no problem as
> well..
>
> Anyone else see this? I tried searching but couldn't find much.
>
> Regards,
>
>  -Colin

I've noticed similar things on my laptop.  No nvidia, but using KDE too.
Also, I have noticed that when it does this (it doesn't completely hang, but
almost), I am able to get a terminal window and do a top.  It shows firefox
using 100% CPU.    I've seen KDE, Firefox or Thunderbird mentiond on this
thread.  Anyone else seeing Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird at 100% CPU?

 --rick