Serial terminal emulator

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 04:06:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 22:43, fredex wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 08:58:37PM -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> >

> > Why not use kermit?  I believe it has good vt100 support and is part of
> > FC2 and probably FC3.
>
> Kermit is great, I use it all the time.
>
> But it is not a terminal emulator. Well, C-kermit isn't. K95 is and MS-Kermit
> is, but C-kermit is not. You get ONLY whatever the capabilities are of
> the terminal you're actually using when you run C-kermit, no more, no less.
> It is usually possible to make do that way, but sometimes you have a remote
> app/system that demands some known terminal type other than the one you
> have.
>
> Fred

Heck!  Why did they mess with kermit?  That used to be THE tool to use
across all kinds of systems.  Wonder if you can still get the tape with
all the different versions on it?

If minicom won't do the job then I guess you are left to write one
yourself.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Experience is the worst teacher.  It always gives the test first and
the instruction afterward.