Multibooting

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Nov 25 21:40:51 UTC 2004

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Satish Balay wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>

>> So it grabs the 'root' partition from /etc/fstab - and uses it. So the
>> correct root-label is always used when kernel gets updated. (i.e no
>> problem with this scheme :) )
>

> As Obi-wan Kenobi would have said, "Use the source, Luke" ;-)
>
> This looks quite a nice, neat solution, but who's going to try it out...?

I considered doing this (one /boot partition ) a few weeks ago with
Rawhide + FC-test, but I didn' t do it because I was concerned about
what would happen when unistalling kernels with the same name but
installed from different installations. Since the Fedora kernel naming
scheme is different now, maybe it doesn't matter anymore. I'll have to
check that too.

Regards,
Ricardo Veguilla