Firewall on FC3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Nov 26 00:52:54 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.11.2004 schrieb Lujan, Fernando um 1:29:

> Can I install fedora in 64MB (just the kernel and iptables), since the
> minimal instalation uses ~510MB?

> Lujan, Fernando <lujanfernando at terra.com.br>

Fedora isn't designed for that goal and I in fact doubt you can strip
down the Fedora install that much to let it fit on a 64 MB flash card. I
would even call it waste of time to try to achieve that. Better use one
of the project product which's goal is to be minimal and act special.
For instance have a look at

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/

A very basic Debian would fit within 64 MB too, or OpenBSD on special
hardware:

http://www.mindrot.org/flashboot.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:52:49 up 5 days, 20:40, load average: 0.29, 0.64, 0.48