OpenSSH and Chroot Support

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Nov 26 02:41:45 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 26.11.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 3:25:

> I saw a project (patches) on the net that has chroot capability for
> SSH.  I have a gentoo system which has this capability (I've not tested
> it, but it's a few lines of patch)
>
> I'm wondering if this is available for Fedora? I would like my Fc2
> server to have this capability. That way, public_html is all that the
> logged in user can get to.
>
> And I wonder if it would have the same affect to sftp:///, which would
> be a very good alternative to ftp.

Have a look at http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/. Probably what you
want to allow users to securely access their personal web home while not
being able to travel through most of your system.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:41:01 up 5 days, 22:28, load average: 0.56, 0.39, 0.35