Why there are updates in yum that are not announced?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 04:24:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:38:11 -0500, William Lovaton
<walovaton at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> I wonder why I can see some updates in yum but I can't find the
> appropriate announcement in the fedora-announce mailing list nor in
> fedoranews.org??
>
> For example gamin, I can't find the update info about it.  Is it safe to
> update?

well  the gap is usually to let the mirrors catch up. fedoranews has
not have been updated since the people involved might not have not
been aware of it.

if you have gpg checking enabled you are safe to do an update whenever
its available to you

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram