Rescue HD setup procedure

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Fri Nov 26 05:41:38 UTC 2004

Where could I type rescue ? For sure, FC1 CD-ROM ask several options I
could select at the opening such as rescue, special kernel
option. However As for FC3, opening messages were as follows
continuously.

  1. Choose a Language ? English
  2. What type of keyboard do you have ? us
  3. What type of media contains the packages to be installed ? hard drive
  4. What partition&dir on that partition hold the CD images for
     fedora core ?

Where could I type 'linux rescue' ? In addition, I choosed the
partition where I put 'FC3-i386-rescuecd.iso' at the menu above
4. Then FC3 install begun. So that's why I think it is not enough or
valid to grub booting by initrd-resc and vmlinuz-resc file with
different name but mixed with install image, to give me a rescue menu
in the rescue cd image. It was apparently installer menu.

From: Micheal Clark <sundance at sundanceloki.com>

> When booting this way, are you typing linux rescue at the prompt?

// M.Iizuka