DVD Recorder on FC3

Jean Krebs jimkrebs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 09:01:30 UTC 2004

Hello, All!

I having some problem with a nwe LG 4160B DVD Recorder on FC3.
Surprisingly, I'm only having read problems. Apparently, mount is not
getting information from fstab, thus requiring the device and the
mount point to work. Something like:

# mount /media/dvdrecorder

won't work, even though it's included on fstab. Instead, I have to
enter the full command, like

# mount /dev/hdc /media/dvdrecorder

This works on the command line, but it ruins the KDE automount feature.

Also, I'd like to know the correct new way to inform the kernel via
the bootloader of the ide-scsi DVD Recorder for it to work with
cdrecord.

Thanks in adcance!

--
Jean Krebs Fonseca