ipod on FC3

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:47:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:40:30 -0500, Juan Gabriel Florez
<jgflorez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have triyed for several months to use my ipod (gen4 40GB)
> with FC2 and now FC3 wothout any success, but recently I forn this
> post http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213012&perpage=15&pagenumber=3
> in which they give a tip for recompiling the kernel without the EFI
> partition option, I tryed it and it wotks, but after doing that some
> other stuff in FC3 stoped working so I had to stop using my EFI
> disabled compiled kernel. Is there a way to disable EFI patition
> without recompiling the kernel, or does anyone have and rpm for a
> kernel compiled without EFI that works?

I have found the EFI thing to be a bit of a red herring... you can
effectively work around the problem by converting your iPod to FAT32
(i.e., a "Windows iPod").  This is easily done if you have access to a
Windows machine with iTunes.  Once the conversion is done, you no
longer require Windows.

The downside to this is that it requires deleting all the data on your
iPod and re-loading it.
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves