emacs says "no fonts found" - more info

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Nov 26 19:06:49 UTC 2004

As an added note - I'm not sure that ttf fonts even need to be added to
the xfs fontpath anymore.

Looking at /usr/sbin/chkfontpath on my system - it looks like the ttf
fonts that ship with Fedora have not been added.

That would make them unavailable to apps that don't use fontconfig, but
that's only a handful of apps commonly used (I believe including emacs)

What is the output of /usr/sbin/chkfontpath --list on your system?
On mine it is:

Current directories in font path:
1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled
2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled
4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo
6: /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
7: /usr/share/fonts/coreweb
8:

I'm not sure why there is an empty space a 8: