IP6tables and sendmail

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Nov 26 22:31:07 UTC 2004

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> While we are on the subject, I courious how many of you folks out there
> acutally installed and configured iptables-ipv6 (or disabled IPv6) on
> your firewall boxes, and how many of you are wide open?

Aleksander and Deron,

Thanks for your assistance.  I turned IP6 off of the FC3 unit but still could not use
sendmail, so I decided to turn IP6 on for both the FC3 and RH8 system.  Unfortunately
the sendmail ntp symptoms have not changed.

These switches were added to sendmail.mc

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl
dnl #
dnl # enable both ipv6 and ipv4 in sendmail:
dnl #
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v4, Family=inet, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl

I decided to leave IP6 active for now ... time to start learning about that system.
I have added the above to sendmail.mc, and after compiling with "make -C /etc/mail"
as prescribed in the top of the sendmail.mc file, my problem still exists.

Have gone back to the drawing board for my sendmail and ntp problem, but glad I
understand a little more about IP6.

Greg