Where is the FC3 kernel Source?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Nov 27 17:25:58 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 11:47, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Shaffer Paul wrote:
> > You know Bob, some people have real jobs and lives.  They may not be
> > zealots devoted to the Fedora religion.  So they complain when things
> > change unexpectedly.  Why is that so hard for you to understand?  This
> > is not even worth discussing unless you have too much time on your
> > hands.  Please, let's just get back to Fedora...
>
> So, without wanting to knock anyone, let's get back to consider if
> there's anything we can do to improve things.
>
> What, exactly, is Fedora supposed to do?
>
> The changes are clearly mentioned in the release notes. They're on the
> install CDs, and you're prompted to look at them during install.
>
> Stuff *does* change between releases: that's nothing new. In fact, it's
> always been one of the defining characteristics first of Red Hat Linux
> then of Fedora: Red Hat keep pushing at the limitations of the platform.
>
> How can we make the release notes even more obvious?

If things stayed exactly the same between released versions there would
be no real reason to have a new version.  As has been stated things
change.

The release notes are there to provide some hints at what has changed.
Obviously not all items changed are used by all users so each user needs
to review the release notes to determine if sub systems they use have
changed.

Maybe before you are allowed to download the iso files each down loader
would be required to read the release notes and pass a short test on the
contents of those release notes?  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were so in our
programming languages.