openoffice takes up to 7 mins to load

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Nov 27 21:36:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 08:41:50PM +0100, jiio49 wrote:
> Fedora Core 3
> Athlon xp 2200
> openoffice.org 1.1.2
>
> Problem: after starting openoffice the splash screen comes up and completes loading (i.e. the blue line reaches the end), but it takes about 7 mins for the window to come up. When running oowriter or anyother ooXXX from console, there are no errors so I have nothing tangible to post.
>
> I tried to google the problem and the closest to this problem was at this link (http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-18417.html).
> However, it's on a mac.
>
> I have absolutely no leadings so I'm hoping someone has at least had this problem before. Please help

 have had the oowrite take a long time to load the first time after
 boot but only on machines with too little RAM memory. How much do you
 have? Even so 7 minutes if too long even on these systems.

 Does it load faster the next time its loaded?--

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.
		-- Mark Twain
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science