inable to found th dhcpd.conf file

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Sun Nov 28 15:37:21 UTC 2004

AlilouLinux wrote:

>>Please read the documentation that comes with the dhcp package:
>>/usr/share/doc/dhcp-3.0.1rc12/   -- especially dhcpd.conf.sample
>
> Can I create it (touch /etc/dhcpd.conf) ? or it must be created by the
> system....

I created my /etc/dhcpd.conf by hand. After installing the rpm for dhcpd
/etc/dhcpd.conf didn't exist. This is something you probably want to do
a lot of editting to anyhow, so I suppose it makes sense to create by
hand. There is an example dhcpd.conf file called dhcpd.conf.sample to
give you a head start though. Try that.

HTH

Alex White