openoffice takes up to 7 mins to load

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sun Nov 28 17:17:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 07:04 +0100, jiio49 wrote:
> ram: 512mb
> Does it load faster the next time its loaded?
> nope, it just takes the same amount of time
>

> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org

That seems to be a very long time, it doesn't take that long I've got
FC2 running on a 300/ 130mb of ram and it's slow ( I click on it then
get the stuff ready I need )  but once up and running it's fine, except
for the spell checker.  I don't know but would rpm -Uvh ... update it?
It sounds like it's looking for something it can't find.  You should ask
the list.  Because I just tried it on my FC3 2000 / 512mb ram and it was
just a few seconds to load the word.

Tim...

--
Shameless plug for my