Fedora Core 3 assort error review request

Wong Kwok-hon kwokhon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:22:06 UTC 2004

Hello all!

I would like to know why the "Assort error" on harddisk gemo. problem
and some people just can continue the installation by "Cancel" button.
Is it really need to perform a fdisk to delete all MBR or partitions
before the FC3 installation ?

And someone posted it is caused by Fedora Core 2 bug but I wonder that
I install the FC3 by delete all partition and still have such error.
It is finally installed and running smooth except failed to backup FC3
by using Norton Ghost 8 with error "Sector not found from -3123213 to
-32131323..." something like this even I perform the manual partition
by myself without LVM2.

So... What is the error caused ?  Because I haven't seen that error
before in Redhat 9 and Fedora Core 2 in during backup by Ghost since
the installation procedure of RH9 and FC2 are the same (fresh
install).

And I hope that the FAQ web page (www.fedorafaq.org) is building up in
FC3 for easy reference like Fedora Core 2.

Thanks!

Ringo