Can't boot FC3

Henrik Delphin henrik_delphin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 19:33:38 UTC 2004

I have just installed FC3, but (almost) every time i try to boot, it stops. It gets as far as 'Hardware Initializing ... Storage  Network  Audio' before it stops.

On an online discussion forum i've been advised to turn off acpi, but I don't know exactly how to do it. Could somebody please give me a step-by-step guide to do this? Or if you think someting entirely different is the problem, tell me ;-)

HW speqs

AMD64 3k+
1024 MB ram
AOpen AK86-L mobo (onboard sound)

I've got both Win2k and  FC3 installed on the computer

- Delphi

btw. sorry if my english is a bit bad ;-)