gnome v KDE

Thierry Sayegh linux at glossolalie.org
Sun Nov 28 23:03:50 UTC 2004

Terry R. Grier wrote:

> Hello All.
Hello Terry

> gnome vs. KDE ...

You're about to start a religious war ;-)

> Is there a good resource to read to learn the adv. or disadv on these?
Really a user experience thing..I started with KDe but switched to Gnome
  over the years.
If you come from a Microsoft background, you might prefer KDE, it tends
to be more intuitive, mind you the difference is thin nowadays
especially with Bluecurve.
I find Gnome more streamlined/slicker but that *personal taste* only

> I added KDE on my install of FC3.
I suppose you installed Gnome as well

> How do I swtich between gnome and KDE ?
Either at log on (i assume you are using the graphical logon screen)
or use the Desktop switching tool in Preference > More pref

> And where do I find addition themes for gnome?
gnome website / google?! not sure on that one, i never bothered, I use
the terminal a lot

Thierry

--
A: Because people read from top to bottom